Many local schools have begun the important work of greening their schoolyards through a variety of projects.
Schoolyard improvement projects can be very successful as long as they have the following components: (1) A team, (2) A well-constructed plan, (3) Principal approval, and (4) A Facilities-approved location.
Helpful Tips to Keep Your Work Moving Forward:
- Set achievable goals and keep track of them
- Raise awareness about your project not only to gain funding but community support as well
- Donations of time and resources are just as valuable as money
- Stay organized and plan ahead
- Keep an open mind and stay positive