Keys to Success:
- Murchison Green Team. Since the expansion of the gardens, the Green Team has grown in size and interest/investment has increased.
- Regular maintenance schedule with Green Team and teachers/staff
- Involved and supportive PTA
- Great opportunities for Science connections with diverse organisms
- Use of the habitat by classes during school hours
- Having enough time to plan outdoor lessons and take kids outside
- Vandalism of plants and the pond has been an issue. To address this they installed cameras and increased educational signage in the garden.
- Weeds! Bermuda likes to take over!